Your materials handling application requires top speed but allows little room and weight for the drive? In this case, we recommend SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units: our lightweights.
Our smallest right-angle gear units: powerful with wear-free gearing
What is special about SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units is their wear-free gearing. It ensures that the power is transmitted reliably and adjusts the speed in your materials handling system.
With this gearing, our SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units deliver output torques up to 180 Nm in the power range from 0.09 kW to 3 kW.
The steel-steel material combination and the special tooth meshing enable a short gear unit design for space-saving installation of the drives.
It's the details that make the difference
A few technical details of the new W..9 gearbox
Our development engineers have set a new standard with the W..9 transmissions. The objectives for the new development were high efficiency, low noise and light weight.
At the same time, a wide range of design variants and a large transmission ratio range should enable a wide variety of applications.
- 2-/3-stage gear design
- SPIROPLAN® 1st stage gears ensure high efficiency.
- The helical gears of the 2nd/3rd stage enable high torques and a large and finely tuned transmission ratio range.
- Motor mounting via the SEW flange interface enables combination with our extensive modular motor system.
- High-performance synthetic polyglycol oils CLP PG are used to lubricate the gear teeth and friction points.
What is your benefit?
- An energy-efficient gear unit with high efficiency over the entire transmission ratio range.
- Quiet operation at any speed.
- The universal SEW interface allows you to install all SEW motors and their options and allows you to perform service and maintenance yourself.
- An improved service concept through the exclusive use of standard oils.
Thanks to their aluminum housing, these right-angle gear units are real lightweights. Their special gearing and lubrication for life ensure that they require very little maintenance. These gear units are designed for long and reliable operation. No compromises: The SPIROPLAN® right-angle gear units are suitable for almost any drive task due to their many design variants.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our modular concept and combine the gear units of the W series with an AC motor to a W..DR.. SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotor, or with a servomotor to a W..CMP SPIROPLAN® servo right-angle gearmotor of your choice. Or simply choose the separate AC motor or servomotor that meets your requirements.
Configure your individual product
Cost-effective operationthanks to wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing and minimized friction losses.
Lightweight and compactthanks to the aluminum housing and the specially designed gearing.
- Robust right-angle gear units:
- Wear-free SPIROPLAN ® gearing (steel-steel material combination) and a special tooth meshing ratio
- Minimized friction losses, optimized mechanical efficiency, reduced energy consumption
- Vibration-free running/operation
- Small gear ratios enable combinations with high motor power and high speeds
- Lightweight aluminum housing
- Identical hole spacings and shaft heights on the foot and end face support a wide range of mounting options.
- Mounting for gear unit sizes W..10, W..20, W..30:
- In these sizes, all mounting positions are possible, without changing the oil quantity, as the oil fill quantity is independent of the mounting position
- Available designs:
- Foot-mounted or B5 flange-mounted design
- Solid or hollow shaft with key or shrink disk
- Mounting of motor adapters or free input shaft (W..37 and W..47)
- Asynchronous motor mounting:
- For gear unit sizes W..10, W..20, W..30: Direct motor mounting
- For gear unit sizes W..37, W..47: Motor flange mounting
- Optionally available as:
- MOVIMOT® design In other words, as a right-angle gear unit with integrated frequency inverter
- MOVI‑SWITCH® design In other words, as a right-angle gear unit with integrated switching and protection function
W series / sizes 10, 20, 30, 37, 47
|Sizes 10, 20, 30, 37, 47||Size W..10||Size W..20||Size W..30||Size W..37||Size W..47|
|Gear unit ratio||i||3.20 – 75.00||6.75 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||3.20 – 69.05||3.27 – 74.98|
|Max. output torque||Nm||25 – 180||30||45||69||110||180|
|Motor power range (mounting via AM motor adapter)||kW||0.09 – 3.0||0.09 – 0.12||0.12 – 0.37||0.12 – 0.75||0.12 – 1.5||0.12 – 3.0|
Overview of increases in torque for W..10
| Gear ratio
| M amax NEW
Overview of increases in torque for W..20
| Gear ratio
| M amax NEW
Overview of increases in torque for W..30
| Gear ratio
| M amax NEW
Areas of application
- Small and fast-running conveyor belts in intralogistics
- Roller conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chip conveyors
- Sizes W10, W20, W30:
- Especially suitable for noise-sensitive work environments
- Sizes W37, W47:
- In shaft-mounted design especially suitable for hygienic applications in the food and beverage industry